- Gastritis is an inflammation of the protective lining of the stomach, which can be caused by weakness in stomach lining, allowing digestive juices to damage and inflame it, and also from a gastrointestinal bacterial infection.
- Indigestion/Acid Reflux/Oesophagitis
- Hiatus Hernia
- Colorectal Cancer
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Anal Fissure
- Bowel Incontinence
- Diverticular Disease
Some of the conditions which Dr Kan treats:
- Perforated gallbladder
- Gallbladder polyps
- Gallbladder cancer
Types of Hernia:
- Inguinal Hernia
- Umbilical Hernia
- Femoral Hernia
- Incisional Hernia
- Ventral Hernia
- Hiatus Hernia
- Herniotomy Paediatric
- Cysts of the liver and other benign conditions
- Most commonly encountered benign conditions of this kind are found during the scanning of the liver and abdomen by CT or ultrasound
- Several types of cancer can form in the liver, with the most common type known as hepatocellular carcinoma, which begins in the main type of liver cell (hepatocyte).
- Not all cancers that affect the liver are considered liver cancer. Cancer that begins in another area of the body, such as the colon, lung, or breast, and then spreads to the liver is called metastatic cancer rather than liver cancer.
The pancreas is an organ behind the stomach and in front of the spine. The two primary functions of the pancreas are to produce fluids to help break down food and to produce hormones that help control blood sugar levels.
Conditions affecting the pancreas include:
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic cancer occurs when cells in your pancreas develop mutations in their DNA. These mutations cause cells to grow uncontrollably and to continue living after normal cells would die. These accumulating cells can form a tumor. Untreated pancreatic cancer spreads to nearby organs and blood vessels.
- Most pancreatic cancer begins in the cells that line the ducts of the pancreas. This type of cancer is called pancreatic adenocarcinoma or pancreatic exocrine cancer.
- Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis
- Cystic Neoplasms
- Mucinous Cystic Neoplasms
- Serous Cystic Neoplasms
- Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasms
- Appendix tumours
Obesity is a medical condition that occurs when a person carries excess weight or body fat that might affect their health. A doctor will usually suggest that a person has obesity if they have a high body mass index.
For more extreme cases, Dr Kan may suggest weight loss surgery (Bariatric Surgery), where he’ll make changes to your stomach, small intestine, or both.